01. Unless otherwise outlined below, AMTF Corp. d.b.a. United Microsystems (AMTF) provides a one (1) year warranty on all Products purchased from AMTF. The warranty does not extend beyond the original Buyer of Products from AMTF and AMTF shall have no obligation to the Buyer with respect to providing any warranty on any Products for which AMTF has not received full payment from the Buyer. (a) Motherboard warranty will be covered as stated by AMTF in writing. In cases where products, including motherboard manufacturer handles direct with end user, AMTF customers will be referred directly to manufacturer for service. (b) Intel CPU warranty is one year, all other including AMD CPU is 30 days from date of purchase unless otherwise stated (AMD CPU warranty beyond 30 days may vary by location). (c) Opened software is non-returnable. (d) Memory Products: Defective Memory products have a one (1) year warranty. Defective Memory products will be replaced as new if returned to AMTF within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase. Any Memory products received after thirty (30) days from the original invoice date will be repaired or replaced. (memory product cannot be returned for credit). (e) Tape Products: All warranty service (including DOA service) for all tape products are required to be direct with the manufacturer for initial troubleshooting and RMA number issue.
02. AMTF does not support the manufacturer's warranty on any Product beyond one (1) year unless otherwise stated. For any manufacturer who offers a warranty on Products exceeding limited warranty and or one (1) year, it is the Buyer's responsibility to deal directly with the manufacturer for any repairs of the Product beyond the first year of warranty. Motherboard warranty will be provided as stated by AMTF. . Manufacturer return policy may differ from AMTF and should manufacturer have warranty or policy change, AMTF Corp. will abide by their changes when it affects AMTF first year warranty coverage.
03. Inspection: The Buyer shall inspect goods at the time of delivery and shall notify AMTF of any defect or discrepancies within one (1) day of receipt of goods. Failure to provide any such notice within such time shall be deemed an acceptance in full of any such delivery.
04. AMTF does not warrant any Products that have been subject to improper use, abuse or physical damage. Removal of any serial number or warranty labels will also void such warranty of Product. Accounts are required to be current when requesting return authorizations. Any alterations, modifications, additions, improvements, installation, or attachments on the Products not authorized in writing by AMTF shall solely be at the Buyer's own expense and risk. If operation of the Products is affected in any way by such unauthorized alterations, modifications, additions, improvements, attachments or installations, the warranty shall be deemed waived by the Buyer, and AMTF shall have no further obligation to the Buyer.
05. Systems, Notebooks, and On-Site Warranty: cannot be returned for credit or stock rotation. All DOA or warranty authorization is provided after troubleshooting with AMTF Technical Support prior to RMA being issued. System problem will be corrected or repaired, and are not replaced with different unit. Notebook troubleshooting, repair, and service is provided by manufacturer and customers will be referred to manufacturer direct for RMA service. On site warranty through on site service provider only. AMTF NEITHER ASSUMES, NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PERSON SURPORTING TO ACT ON ITS BEHALF TO MODIFY OR CHANGE THIS WARRANTY, NOR TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR LIABILITY CONCERNING THE PRODUCTS.
06. Disclaimer of Warranty/Limitation of Liability. Except for the express warranties contained in this Warranty Statement, AMTF disclaims all other warranties and conditions, express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The right to return defective Products, as described herein, shall constitute AMTF's sole liability and the Buyer's exclusive remedy in connection with any claim of any kind relating to the quality,
condition or performance of any Products, whether such claim is based upon principles of contract, warranty, negligence or other tort, breach of any statutory duty, principles of indemnity or contribution, or otherwise. AMTF (INCLUDING ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS, ALL OF WHICH ARE REFERRED TO HEREIN COLLECTIVELY AS THE "AMTF AFFILIATES") SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE TO THE BUYER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE PRODUCTS OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF THE PRODUCTS OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF SUBSTITUTE OR REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES OR SERVICES, DOWN TIME, BUYER'S TIME, LOST DATA, INJURY TO PROPERTY OR ANY DAMAGES OR SUMS PAID BY THE BUYER TO THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF AMTF OR ANY OF THE AMTF AFFILIATES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER ANY CLAIM IS BASED UPON PRINCIPLES OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, PRINCIPLES OF INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, THE FAILURE OF ANY LIMITED OR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY TO ACHIEVE ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE. The laws of some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of consequential damages. If the laws of such a jurisdiction apply to any claim by or against AMTF or any of the AMTF Affiliates, the limitations and disclaimers contained herein shall be to the greatest extent permitted by law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so that the above may not apply to the Buyer. IN NO EVENT SHALL AMTF OR ANY AMTF AFFILIATE BE LIABLE TO THE BUYER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY OF ANY KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN EXCESS OF THE NET PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS ACTUALLY DELIVERED TO AND PAID FOR BY THE BUYER. NONE OF AMTF OR ANY AMTF AFFILIATE SHALL HAVE NO DUTY TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, OR HOLD HARMLESS THE BUYER FROM AND AGAINST ANY OR ALL DAMAGES OR COSTS INCURRED BY THE BUYER ARISING FROM THE INFRINGEMENT OF PATENTS OR TRADEMARKS OR VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHTS BY ANY OF THE PRODUCTS.
07. CREDIT Effective January 1, 2002 No restocking fee on authorized credit returns during first 7 days of purchase (subject to terms and conditions) a) Products (except for memory products and CPU's, which shall receive no credit and only be repaired or replaced as new), may be returned for credit within the first fifteen (15) days from the original invoice date. During first 7 days of purchase, products received and authorized for credit return, which are as new and unopened, may be returned without a restocking fee (restrictions may apply due to price drop or market volatility). After first 7 days of purchase yet still within 15 days of purchase will qualify for credit and are subject to restocking fee up to 15%. Products returned for credit and received by AMTF after fifteen (15) days from the original invoice date will be repaired or replaced. Credit period may vary by location, and when offered by any AMTF Corp. location outside of the United States of America; credit period offered, may not exceed 15 days from date of original invoice. Warranty terms may differ so please refer to your local AMTF Branch outside the United States of America for more details.
b) In order to receive proper credit for Products, 1) the customer must first request "Credit" at the time they are obtaining a RMA number and 2) all Products returned for credit must be received by AMTF within fifteen (15) days of the original invoice date. The amount of credit will be based on the current market value at time AMTF receives the Products from customer, unless otherwise notified in writing by AMTF. Credit returns subject to a 15% restocking fee. c) On credit returns of all Products, all original packaging and items, accessories, etc. must be returned complete and in its original condition. Any Products returned for credit that is damaged due to alteration, abuse or physical damage (i.e. scratches, trace cut) improper label removable or addition, will be refused and no credit issued.
08. DOA If a Product fails (i.e. does not properly function, hereinafter "DOA Product") and is returned to AMTF within thirty (30) days of the AMTF invoice date, AMTF will replace the DOA Product subject to (a) the Product's availability and (b) the Customer obtaining a valid RMA number. Same day replacement for DOA received at RMA will call will be available. UPS/Fed Ex/ or Delivered items, a replacement usually ships within 72 hours after AMTF receives the item.
09. RMA REQUEST AND RETURN INSTRUCTION a) In order to return Products to AMTF, you must first obtain a RMA number from AMTF. After AMTF DOA period, Customers will be referred directly to certain manufacturers to process RMA's directly. Customers will be notified at the time of requesting RMA service, which manufacturers' offer direct service. A complete listing of manufacturers customer can go direct with is posted at support. All other Repair items which are not manufacturer warranted directly with customers, must be received by AMTF within 1 year of original invoice date. RMA numbers are only issued based on AMTF location from which the Product was originally ordered. All unauthorized packages will be refused by AMTF Receiving Department and will be returned to the customer unprocessed and at the customer's expense. Do not add new items or Products to an issued RMA number, as any unauthorized item or Product will be refused or the entire shipment may be refused. b) SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS: Once you receive the RMA number for repair of the Product, the Product must be returned within ten (10) working days to AMTF or warranty period, which ever applies first Credit, DOA, or Repair. After ten working days, the RMA number will be cancelled and all shipments will be refused. All RMA numbers must be clearly printed on the outside of each carton containing the Product before it is shipped to AMTF. All items returned must be properly packaged to prevent damage during shipment. Use equal or better than original packaging. Any Products damaged during shipping will be the sole responsibility of the shipper. All RMA returns must be shipped prepaid. No collect shipment or any out of country shipment requiring a Broker or Customs Fee will be accepted. AMTF Corp. will return ship to customer and pay shipping charges to destinations within USA or Canada only, consignee pays all balance. AMTF Corp. will pay no Broker, duty, customs fee, V.A.T., or any other fee except return shipping. c) PRODUCTS FOR REPAIR ONLY. Do not enclose the manuals, disks, or retail packing with the returned Product (except in the case of Monitors or products covered by AMTF during credit or DOA period). The vendor does not repackage or supply these items on repair and AMTF cannot return the same items. Only the item sent for repair will be returned. All extra items sent will be discarded by vendor and cannot be replaced. In the event a Product under warranty cannot be repaired or replaced, an alternative product of equal or greater performance will be provided. AMTF may however, in its sole discretion, issue a credit on said product under warranty no greater than its current market value. Not all vendors have same policies so Repair turnaround times may vary 2-6 weeks. When manufacturer supports customers directly it greatly improves the turnaround time as product goes direct for repair/replacement without delays or additional processing time and vendor can return direct to them sooner.
d) DOA Products: DOA Product replacement will be returned to the Customer as received by the Customer. (i.e. should the product be returned to AMTF without cables, box, manual, etc., then AMTF will only replace the same item received). e) Customers will be referred directly to certain manufacturers to process RMA's directly. Customers will be notified at the time of requesting RMA service, which manufacturers' offer direct service. A complete listing of manufacturers customer can go direct with is posted at support. Warranty information provided herein does not replace any Terms or Conditions listed on the back of the invoice, which Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior written notice at any time, in the sole discretion of AMTF.